Op-Ed in Raleigh, News and Observer
May 27, 2012 10 Comments
I have an op-ed in the Sunday Raleigh (N.C.) News and Observer offering a bipartisan way forward on health reform that I think makes sense regardless of what the Supreme Court says about the Affordable Care Act. If you are a reader of this blog, it will be familiar fare.
If you are coming here from the op-ed, here are some related posts:
- Laying out general compromise with a bit more detail
- The ACA actually allows high deductible plans
- Comparing my catastrophic ideas with those of Martin Feldstein
- Post with overview of all the health policy suggestions from my book
- My book Balancing the Budget is a Progressive Priority frames health reform as central to ever having a balanced budget; a necessary, but not a sufficient condition to getting there. The other thing that must occur is a tax increase given any plausible level of federal spending. Many other things are covered in the book, but without health reform and a tax increase over the long run, we will never have a balanced budget.